Soon to be Six!

Soon to be Six!
First Family Photo

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tongue Tied!

I guess God wanted us to make sure we had a feel for what winter is like in Russia!  Ice storm and then frigid temperatures...just glad we only have 3-4 months of it.  This weather has allowed us to stay home long enough to get our paperwork done.  All of the paper work for our home study is now complete.  Now we wait for the social worker to come for a home visit.  Then she gets the lovely task of writing a 10-12 page report on our fitness as parents.  We received a list for the dossier (the packet of papers to send to Russian government for approval).  No big surprises.  Should have dossier done in a few weeks.       We had heard the nightmares about the paper chase.  So far, we have not had any problems.  Praise God for that. 

First Russian lesson today.  Man, that is a hard language.  We love our vowels...they love their consonants!  I am sure I will pick up enough to get me by but it has been a long time since I tried to learn foreign language.  The boys will get their first lesson later today.  I am sure they will put me to shame!

If you would like to pray for us as we go through this journey, we would greatly appreciate it!  I am going to start including specific prayer requests on each post.  Our prayer requests for today:
  • The children God has chosen for us are being well taken care of, loved and protected.
  • God's timing on everything
  • Eric and I, as well as the boys, are also prepared for the changes our family will encounter

No comments:

Post a Comment